This is an self rafting trip, we carry rafting and camping equipment , fresh food. which has all the elements of remote wilderness, beautiful untouched beaches .we ensure you , will give you lifetime experience.
Our team at Paddle Mountain is a small and friendly group of adventure enthusiasts who prefer the great outdoors to an office space. We are in the business of adventure last 15yrs, simply because we love what we do! We hope to use our experience and life-long hobbies to help you get the most out of your trip.
Day 01 :
Arrive early morning at Haridwar. Drive to Rishikesh & check into a hotel After breakfast we drive to the starting point of the rafting trip.
Today we raft about 20km to Rishikesh and get familiar with paddling and safety techniques, negotiating the best rapids on the Ganga, like Three Blind Mice, Body Surfing, Rollercoaster, Golf course and a few small rapids for about 3 hr & prepare ourselves to take on the most challenging stretch Alaknanda River has to offer.
We finish our trip short of Rishikesh & drive to the hotel. In the evening you can walk into the town to attend the evening prayer ceremony by the river.
Day 02 :
In the morning after breakfast we drive 6-7 hrs to Kaldubagar, through the pilgrim towns of Devprayag & Rudarprayag .
Stay overnight in a hotel/river camp. After settling in, there is a briefing on the river trip and the upcoming days. We pack stuff in dry bags and get ready for the next day.
Day 03 :
An early start takes us to Chamoli. This is the most challenging stretch of the trip. At the Putin we help in getting the rafts readied.
A detailed safety briefing follows with instructions on paddling, rapids to be encountered etc. The expedition begins with a lot of grade 4/4+ rapids. Depending on the volume of water, we negotiate or walk around the Hillary Fall rapid at Nandprayag.
We call it a day at Kaldubagar after a long exhilarating day on the river.
Day 04 :
Today we raft till Gauchar. Get ready for another exciting day on the river with plenty of grade 3/4 rapids. We raft pass the confluence of Pindar at Karanprayag. The Pindar River brings in more volume, adding punch to rapids to follow. We camp on a big sandy beach, settle in to star gaze around the bonfire and get a good nights sleep.
Day 05 :
After breakfast we get on the river and raft till Rudraprayag. Today the section is more pool & drop as compared to the start with plenty of grade 3/4 rapids.
We reach the Kakar Fall grade 5 rapid. After a thorough inspection of the rapid we negotiate or line up the rafts to enter the spectacular narrow box canyon. The canyon is narrow enough, about 15 meters, for a Kakar (deer) to leap across thats where the rapid gets its name. Finish the trip after running the Holy Hole grade 4 rapid. Drive back to Rishikesh. Transfer to Haridwar to board the evening train.
Note : - Previous rafting and kayaking experience would help. This expedition requires a minimum of 6 committed rafters.
- Accommodation will be provided throughout the trip as mentioned in the itinerary on twin sharing basis.
- Meals: As per itinerary. Tea /coffee, snacks & drinking water during the trek or raft. All meals would be vegetarian.
- English speaking & professionally trained mountain & river guide.
- Kitchen staff would accompany the group on the expedition.
- Porters / Mules will carry one bag per client ( not to exceed 10 Kgs)
- Camping equipment: 3/4 season tents , sleeping bags, ground mattress, mess tent & camping tables & stools.
- All rafting permits and park entry fees.
- First Aid Kit.
- Self bailing rafts will be provided to participants with maximum 6 /8 participants per raft.
- For safety, Road support Camps Jeep(if road possible ), expert and qualified rescue kayakers will escort the Entire trip.
- Use of equipment and the services of trained guides for outdoor activities.
- All class rafting gear (rafts, life jackets, helmets, safety kayaks, dry bags).
- Experienced river guides and kayak professionals with international Certifications for white water rescue and first aid /CPR.
- River running permits and Rescue-3 International Certified Guides.
- Air Fare
- Travel Insurance
- Accommodation in Delhi - We can arrange it if required. Rooms starting at Rs.2500 and upwards.
- Single supplements.
- Additional meals/services not mentioned in the above.
- Meals and refreshments taken during the road journey
- Charges for video/ still cameras etc.
- Alcohol, beverages, soft drinks etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Train fare. Can be arranged on request
- Meals during the road journey
- Anything not mentioned in the above schedule/program.
AGE GROUP & ABILITY
You need to fall into the age group of 12 years to 45 years. Adventure lovers should at Grade 3 and 4 rapids. Grade: III, IV water rapids without prior experience and expertise. The boat operator must be a swimmer and adept at all the essential techniques of river rafting. Being physically fit and sound is a must to enjoy these Upper Alaknanda rapids.
ACCESSORIES & EXPERIENCED
The wearing the raft gear including the life jacket, safety helmet and other essentials. Though, the approximate time taken to sail along is 4 clear days. We have unmatched top of the line self-bailing rafts and accessories used by professionals globally. With the countrys most experienced guiding team, we assure the first-timer and even the non-swimmer a trip of a lifetime today - leaving the competition far behind with our superior experience, guiding team, equipment and array of adventure trips.